Wednesday 19 March 2014

PLANK



Another Tuesday night and another fast run round the leafy suburbs of the greater Dunbar conurbation.
Surely next week will be the last week, this “season”, for the Town Run! This winter I think I’ve done more sub 40 minute runs than usual. Pace just seems to be pretty frantic every week. All good training – but bleedin’ hard. Certainly I feel it a bit more than I used to on a Wednesday for my daft o’clock run - heavy, tired legs do not a nice run make.

Anyhoo. Got races coming up. Two weeks on Sunday till the mara. Jeeze it just seems to have crept up on us. A real emphasis on the “L” in this weekend’s LSD I think. The week after that it’s the St Andrews half. And I’ve now put my entry away for that perennial favourite the E2NB (please god … a nice day with a nice stiff tail wind for that one).

In an attempt to shape up my flabby gut I’ve started adding a new routine to my exercise regime. To wit…..”the plank”. Seems like a sure fire bet for a hernia to me – but we’ll see how it goes. Good thing is you don’t need kit, equipment, or anything really to do it.
Waiting for the kettle to boil? Plank.
Waiting for the shower at work to heat up? Plank.
TV news depressing you? Plank.
Bored shitless at work? Plank.

1 comment:

research paper service said...

It is good to have run before breakfast. It makes your body more fit and healthy and this is a great idea and a great motivational post for many.